With winter fast approaching the selection of suitable coats is sky rocketing! There are so many options it can be hard and overwhelming finding one that fits your needs and style. It’s so easy to hit the store and buy the first thing you see and like but after some digging around in your closet you will probably find that you have several of the same kind of coat or like me maybe you have a variety but there are still some holes in your wardrobe. While on the hunt for a new winter coat I noticed a few style trends that seemed to span across all of the brands.I pulled some of my favorites, some that I felt were wardrobe staples and some that just made a statement!
1. Premium Longline Biker Coat &350 – TopShop
2. Alexander Wang Zip Detailed Wool Blend Felt Coat $344.75 – The Outnet
3. Collarless Zipped Wing Coat $158 – TopShop
I spotted lots and lots of white and cream colored coats! The thought alone of a white coat would scare most people far far away. Yes the up keep might be the biggest challenge but the contrast against your dark winter wardrobe would definitely make a high fashion statement.
1. Isabel Marant Mamum Goat Hair Coat $1,662.50 – The Outnet
2. Joseph Clallas Rabbit Coat $773.50 – The Outnet
3. Michael Kors Faux Fur Coat $101.25 – The Outnet
4. Leopard Faux Fur Jacket $131.93 – Asos
5. Longline Chevron Fur Coat $167.11 – Asos
Fur coats are everywhere this season, from faux to the real deal the options are endless. They come in great colors, prints and lenghts. I find fur to be a great option for winter, especially living in a city like Chicago. Fur offers a thick shield from the insaneeee wind and it offers a stylish alternative when all you feel like doing is bundling up with nothing but your eyes exposed! As always I had to throw something leopard in the mix, leopard truly is not only glamourous but its also a neutral in my closet. Why not give your outerwear a little umph?!
1. Emillio Pucci 1,875 – The Outnet
2. Coat with Leather Sleeves $229 – Zara
3. Zip coat with Quilted Faux Leather Sleeves$159 – Zara
4. Premium Contrast Tweed Biker Jacket $350 – TopShop
5. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Convertible Leather Coat $430.50 – The Outnet
6. Leather Biker Coat $199 – Zara
Leather jackets are generally a staple if every fall wardrobe, they are light weight and offer warmth against a light fall breeze. All of us who love fashion understand the appeal leather has, its edgy and rocker but can also be girly and chic. This winter there are lots of great coats that offer it all including that ease of style you think of when you think leather. From full length leather trenches to wool coats with leather detailing you can pick the coat that best suits you.
1. Marni Double Layered Shell Jacket $ 506.25 – The Outnet
2. Class Roberto Cavalli $240.10 – The Outnet
3. Short Tweed Puffer Jacket $159 – Zara
4. 3/4 Length Puffer Jacket $189 – Zara
The quilted coat is one that just about everybody has in their closet in one form or another. Why not up the style factor by varying the color, adding a belt or with cool details such as a cape overlay!?
1. Oasis Drop Waist Coat with Faux Fur $263.85 – Asos
2. Alexander Wang Double Breasted Wool Blend Trench Coat $370.50 – The Outnet
3. Premium Domed Sleeve Coat $350 – TopShop
Last but not least, theres the wool coat. Its a definite style staple and comes in a range of cuts, silhouettes and colors. With oxblood being the “it” color for the season its easy to find a range of styles in this super saturated luscious color, including the wool coat.